You like bread? You like chocolate? Then this one’s for you.
- 100g sliced almonds
- 200g dark chocolate
- Half a cup of hot brewed espresso or very strong coffee
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 250g white bread cubed
- 200ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix the espresso with the sugar until dissolved. Whisk in the rum. Stir this mixture into the melted chocolate and fold in the bread cubes; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Spoon half of the soaked bread cubes and any excess chocolate into 6 parfait glasses. Top with half of the whipped cream and half of the almonds. Repeat with the remaining bread and chocolate, whipped cream, and almonds. Serve at once.